Friday, April 6, 2007

Farewell to some heavenly music. Pauline Warjri


I told her myself that words are not enough to say how much i will miss her. But i definitely will try. I remember when i first heard about her. Manroi told me that her aunt is a choir/vocal teacher or something like that. And all i thought was like -'hmmm....nice'. Then few months later i heard that she wanted me to join a choir she had started. I was so excited at the prospect of hearing some new pro music and working with other fellow musicians/singers that i never gave it another thought. It was her patience that struck me first. I at my age itself start getting fed up of kids and their childish behaviours that i quit bands pick on ego s and what not. But here she had the pick of the best young singers in the city and she was so patient with all of them and instead of scolding them or being hard on them she only became calmer. This drove the kids to respect her. And respect she deserves. The standard of music she plays, writes, and lives is nowhere close to what we could dream of achieving in this lifetime. We were in the presence of a musical legend...nothing less. She worked so hard selsfelssly just for the choirs sake so that the singers could go places and sing songs that would change their lives. I really dont know if she had a vision but from her commitment to turning us into better musicians and further...better human beings, it sure seemed like she had one. Although i would not show it but mentally i was definitely attached to this amazing person. Or more appropriately i was in awe of how selflessly can someone nurture music in others. Many came and left the choir for various reasons, But only those who hung around till the end know the value of this unbreakable bond that we share with her now. Its priceless. Even though she leaves us to move to another part of the country, Just to know that somewhere in the corner of her mind she remembers us as she enlightens many other souls with her gift, is enough to make you feel worthwile. We are nothing compared to the musicans and singers she has worked with in the past. But she treated us like the best of the best and gave us the respect which we dont think we deserved. I shall never forget these two years of my life that i spent with her. Even a little time once in a week opened my eyes in ways more than one. She definitely has affected the lives of all the choir members in a most positive way and i hope she knows that. She will be glad. God bless you Aunty Pauline. Thank you for all you did for me and all of us till today. No words will ever be enough to really explain what you mean to us. All this i just wrote now seems like crap to me. But im sure you know how we all feel. God bring you back to Bangalore soon. We love you.

No comments: